Sunday, February 6, 2011

Puppy Love...Kitties too!

They aren't really "puppies" but they are in my heart.  Phantom is a bit over five, Gemma is just over 2.  But they are our pups.  It has been a busy weekend for us.  Friday we were off with the "snow day" that wasn't.  I was disappointed because of course I had camera ready to take photos of the pups and cats in the snow. Flo, our Norwegian Forest Cat was ready to show us all how to walk in snow.  But alas, we got nothing. So we all stayed inside, read, and snoozed until the night when Monty made a toasty fire in the outdoor grill (thank you Target after season sale!).  Today in between chores (or to avoid chores, take your pick) I decided that a friend was right (yes Evelyn...you) and my photos were really out of date.  So we went outside (after being in the 20's on Friday we were a balmy 72 degrees) and take some photos for my website, here, and whatever was needed.

In the process got photos of the pups. The cats refused to come out and vogue with us.  Something about paparazzi and waiting for Lady GaGa..  If they disappear when she is here on tour I will know what happened.  Jessica, if you go to the concert and see Gypsy and Flo up on the ropes, let me know ok?

But not so the pups.  After all they are indeed far more photogenic than I!  Did we get photos of them, a few. And in doing so remembered what great pups we have, loving, cute and quite adorable when they want to be.  In some of my shots you can see in the background torn up dog toys, a nice bright tennis ball, and even some of my socks which explains a few things.  And no Gemma, it is not the dryer's fault this time!

We love them.  Dog hair, cat hair, buying treats as if it is a national emergency when they are almost out (and believe me, given the addiction status, it well could be), but nothing is better than coming home to the wagging tails and the rush to the door. Oh wait, is it me they want to see or just that I have opposable thumbs and can open the treat bags? I like to think its me, while I open the bag of treats and toss them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment